Fluoraldehyde crystals are o-phthalaldehyde (OPA), a highly sensitive fluorescent derivatisation reagent for peptide or amino acid detection and quantitation in HPLC.
- For pre- or post-column amino acid derivatisation for fluorescent detection and quantitation
- Reacts with all primary amine-containing analytes to yield fluorescent isoindole derivatives
- Provides an accurate measure of both composition and absolute protein-peptide content
- Ideal for work with recombinant proteins and synthetic peptides
- Can be used for fluorescent protein or peptide assay
- Can be prepared as a stable aqueous solution in borate
Fluoraldehyde crystals are a purified, fluorogenic-grade preparation of o-phthalaldehyde (OPA). Fluoraldehyde reagent solution contains OPA which is supplied ready to use and enables fast quantitation of proteins or peptides in solution.