Pierce™ HRP conjugated avidin is used in biotin-based detection methods, including Western blotting or ELISA detection with appropriate enzyme substrates.
- Native avidin - glycoprotein from chicken egg whites, 67 kDa, pI = 10
- Glycosylation and isoelectric point renders avidin more soluble than streptavidin
- Significantly less expensive than recombinant streptavidin
- Avidin is usually preferred over streptavidin for avidin-biotin complex (ABC) staining methods in immunohistochemistry (IHC)
- HRP conjugate ideal for membrane and plate-based assays