Amersham ECL Western Blotting System is designed for detection of mouse and rabbit primary antibodies on Western blots using HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies and ECL reagents
- For routine and confirmatory Western blotting applications
- Proven performance-the most widely referenced chemiluminescent detection method with hundreds of publications worldwide
- At least ten-fold more sensitive than colorimetric assays
- Detectable on Amersham Hyperfilm ECL or with a CCD imager, for example ImageQuant LAS 500
- Rapid results can be obtained on X-ray film
- Avoids fading associated with colorimetric detection methods
- Linear response in the range 0.2 to 2 Ext.Ø units using pre-flashed Hyperfilm ECL
- Save time and materials by reprobing on membranes up to 10 times
- Stable until expiration date printed on box when stored under recommended conditions
Amersham ECL Western Blotting Detection Reagents use enhanced luminol-based detection which is suitable for all routine Western blotting. ECL Western Blotting Detection Reagents, in combination with Amersham Protran membranes, form a complete solution for Western blot applications.
Membranes can be reprobed up to 10 times and still provide quantifiable linear response in the range 0.2 to 2 Ext.Ø units using pre-flashed Hyperfilm® ECL. Kit components are non-radioactive and provide proven performance. ECL GST Western blotting detection kit offers sensitive and convenient detection of glutathione S-transferase (GST) fusion proteins on Western blots using chemiluminescence with ECL detection reagents. Optimized protocols allow rapid and reproducible detection from crude bacterial sonicates, column eluates, or purified GST-fusion proteins. Detection of GST is simplified because no secondary antibody is required. The conjugate recognizes multiple epitopes of GST and therefore is not reliant on functional GST for fusion protein detection. The conjugate has also been cross absorbed to E. coli proteins so that GST-fusion proteins can be easily and specifically identified against an E. coli background. Detection of ECL signal on Hyperfilm® ECL provides a permanent record.
Optimized system provides rapid, sensitive results using simple protocols. Designed for use with nitrocellulose and PVDF membranes, it is up to 10 times more sensitive than colorimetric methods. The kit uses horseradish peroxidase (HRP) conjugated anti-mouse and anti-rabbit antibodies for luminol-based detection of Western blots. Blots probed with mouse or rabbit primary antibodies are incubated with HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies. Addition of ECL Detection Reagents results in a chemiluminescent signal that can be captured on film or detected with a CCD camera.