The 3M™ Petrifilm™ Aerobic count plate is a time-saving, sample-ready plate designed to determine total aerobic bacteria populations.
- Aerobic count results as soon as 48 hours
- Plates are sample-ready, eliminating all the time-consuming steps of preparing media/agar dishes
- Interpretation can be done with the 3M™ Petrifilm™ Plate Reader for consistent, fast, automated reading and recording of results
- This plate has been awarded Official Methods of Analysis (OMA) #98633 for Milk (OMA) #98910 for dairy products (OMA) #99012 for food NF VALIDATION certificate: 3M 01/01 to 09/89 by AFNOR Certification for all human food products, pet food, industrial environmental samples
- Food processors and contract labs worldwide trust 3M Petrifilm plates to provide accurate, efficient, consistent results
- Versatile: It can be used for air, swab or surface contact environmental sampling
A built-in grid facilitates counting colonies, helping to provide fast, precise and consistent results. Each 3M Petrifilm aerobic count plate contains a water-soluble gelling agent, nutrients and indicator - all the components needed for microbial growth with no agar preparation required.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ aerobic count plate provides total aerobic count in as little as 48 hours. A red indicator dye in the plate colours all colonies red for better contrast and easier colony counting. The red colonies are also easily distinguished from opaque food particles that can cause confusion when using other plating methods. In addition, 3M™ Petrifilm™ aerobic count plates can be used to aerobically or anaerobically enumerate lactic acid bacteria in food and environmental samples.
Three Easy Steps Offer Fast, Easy-to-Interpret Results:
1) Inoculate - 3M™ Petrifilm™ aerobic count plates are easy to inoculate. Lift the top film and add sample.
2) Incubate - The space saving design minimises incubator space requirements.
3) Interpret - Count the red colonies; a built-in grid simplifies counting, giving you fast, precise, and consistent results.
Refer to instructions for use for additional information, and more details on validations.
The 3M™ Petrifilm™ aerobic count plate can also be read using the 3M™ Petrifilm™ plate reader which provides consistent, fast, automated reading and recording of results of 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates (Aerobic count, rapid aerobic count, coliform count, E. coli/coliform count, Enterobacteriaceae count and select E. coli count ) in 4 seconds.
In today's environment of heightened focus on food safety and increasingly stringent quality requirements, labs are under pressure to provide tests that are fast, reliable and consistently accurate. 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have demonstrated consistent performance that has been cited globally with more than 200 certificates, recognitions, validations, and peer-review publications. For more than 30 years, food safety professionals around the world have put their trust in 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates. That's because 3M™ Petrifilm™ plates have streamlined, standardised and simplified the process of microbial quantitative indicator testing, improving productivity and helping ensure the highest levels of product quality.