3M™ Swab-sampler with Letheen broth is a convenient and quick collection device for environmental sampling and testing over small surface areas.
- Letheen broth vial is ready to use for pathogen testing of environmental samples
- Swab reaches into corners and hard-to-reach areas for increased accuracy
- Convenient design helps improve sampling consistency from tech-to-tech and plant-to-plant
- Bottles have ample headspace for sample addition and vortexing
- Self-contained swab and vial for increased productivity and efficiency
Sample collection is easy with the attached swab. The vial provides ample headspace for sample addition and vortexing to release organisms from the swab. This sampling device is decontaminated through gamma irradiation for long shelf life. The 3M Swab-Sampler is made in the USA and is ISO 9001:2008 certified for quality assurance. It is intended for lab use only.
The Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) approach is the most widely accepted food safety management protocol worldwide. Sample collection products from 3M are a crucial part of this approach to identify potential food-borne hazards and pinpoint where they reside. Portability, stable enrichment media, and easy-to-handle swabs and sponges are designed to test for a wide variety of potential hazards and deliver exceptionally accurate results. They are engineered to safely gather, hold, and secure contents from the collection site to the lab without leaking or compromising the sample.
The primary use of Letheen broth is to neutralise the bactericidal action of quaternary ammonium compounds, and for determining the phenol co-efficient of cationic surfactants per the recommendation by the official methods of analysis of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists (AOAC). Letheen broth is also used in hygiene swabbing practices where neutralising quaternary ammonium compounds are required.