XL10-Gold ultracompetent cells transform large plasmids and ligated DNA with highest efficiency.
- Engineered to transform large plasmids and ligated DNA more efficiently than other cell lines
- Includes Hte phenotype for 20-fold to 30-fold higher transformation efficiency of ligated DNA and better competent cell performance
- Chemically competent cells that allow efficient transformation of large DNA molecules, including expression vectors and genomic DNA
- Ideal for plasmid library construction by decreasing bias against larger plasmids and producing more colonies for a more representative library
- Transformation efficiency of ≥5×10⁹ transformants/µg
The XL10-Gold ultracompetent cells were designed for cloning large plasmids and ligated DNA with the highest transformation efficiency possible, while exhibiting faster growth and larger colonies. XL10-Gold Ultracompetent Cells possess the high transformation phenotype (Hte), which gives these cells an average transformation efficiency of ≥5×10⁹ transformants/μg of supercoiled DNA Plasmid libraries constructed in this strain are more representative because XL10-Gold cells decrease the bias against large inserts.
Pozor: For research use only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.