Designed for vaccine manufacturing using suspension cell culture with avian cell line.
- Chemically defined (CD) animal-derived component-free (ADCF) formulation
- Supports high peak cell density as well as enhanced viral infectivity and productivity
- Economical, operation-reducing single formulation for cell propagation and viral production
- Designed for small- to large-scale culture applications
- Available in liquid (clear solution, pH 7,0 to 7,4) and powder (off-white, pH 5,0 to 7,0) formulations
HyClone CDM4Avian cell culture medium is developed for manufacturing of viral vaccines in avian cell lines, such as EB66 cells, and for the production of lytic viruses, such as measles, influenza, and Japanese encephalitis (JE); and of non-lytic viruses, such as the modified vaccinia Ankara (MVA) virus.
CDM4Avian is formulated for use in a variety of cell culture platforms, ranging from shaker flasks to WAVE™ and Xcellerex™ bioreactors.
Both powder medium and hydrated medium should be stored at 2 to 8 °C. Product should be stored away from light.
Osmolality: 290 to 330 mOsm/kg H₂O for liquid medium, 240 to 280 mOsm/kg H₂O (without NaHCO₃) for powder medium.
Endotoxin: <1 EU/ml for liquid medium, <10 EU/g for powder medium.